Today Jenni went to the Musee d'Orsay to look at the exhibition of impressionist art. I stayed at the hotel and did important things on the computer.
After we had checked out of the hotel we did a quick trip to the main shopping area that included Galleries Lafayette. It was very crowded so we headed for the train station to catch the TGV back to Strasbourg.
Galleries Lafayette
The Grand Hotel
The Paris Opera featuring busts of Beethoven and Mozart
Nicolas' mother Chantal and her husband Alex invited
us to stay with them in Strasbourg on our way back to Germany
Chantal cooked us an Alsacian speciality, usually
cooked only in winter, called Baeckeoffe.
It was three different meats covered with a
layer of potatos and onions. Very nice.
Chantal also prepared an ice cream cake
especially for us. Very flattering.
The heat wave ended when a violent storm passed through Strasbourg.
Tomorrow we head to Ulm to join a friend of ours and then continue on to Nurmberg.
I'm not sure what the internet facilities will be like over the next few days so this may possibly be the last post for a while.
Thank you for spending time with us !! But I didn't prepare the ice cream....We bought it in our pastry !!I whish I could make it myself ....
ReplyDeleteHave nice time in Germany for the las week of your trip !!
See you soon in Sydney !